Geliefde vriends en familie,


Ok I am really hoping all of that is spelled right (It just says "Dear friends and family" so nothing too hard). 

Scripture of the Week
1 Corinthians 13:11 -- "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 
(Thank you to Dad for showing me that scripture!)

Dutch Word of the Week
eekhoorn (pronounced "acorn") = squirrel

My Week
Wednesday-Friday
These days were all kind of the same and hard. I was pretty sick with a cold so I was feeling kind of down and out of it during classes and personal study. I got to go to the temple Wednesday though so that was really really nice. 
Friday got a little bit better though! We got to view Elder Perry's funeral. It was really sad but also really interesting. I don't think I have seen a funeral for one of the apostles before. One thing that I really liked was how they had two of the apostles say the opening and closing prayers. That was just really nice because you never really hear them pray. My favorite talk was probably the one given by Elder Perry's son. He talked about how much his father loves the gospel and would take any opportunity to share it. He spoke of how Elder Perry was always trying to "keep up with the times" so he would always try to get the other apostles to learn how to use iPads and other new technology. One story he told about Elder Perry was very special. He told of how Elder Perry got the opportunity to drive some sort of military landing ship about 15 years ago and how he didn't really know how to stop it and he ran it right up onto the beach and into a fence. He related it to how Elder Perry just never gives up and was always moving fast and never slowing down. He just loves the gospel so much. I really wish I could have met him. The other great thing about the funeral was hearing from President Monson. He looked and sounded healthier than he had in April so it was really nice to see that he is doing well. He is such a loving man and you can just tell that he is a man of God and is guided by God. Oh, also I thought it was interesting because from the way all of the Elders were talking it sounded like they all knew that Elder Perry was going to die last week. Because it sounds like they all went to visit him or call him the last two days that he was with us. Just another hint of how in tune with the Spirit they are and how close to God they all are.

Saturday
Saturday was a lot better than the first few days of the week, besides having to clean toilets again for service. I got to run, I felt a lot more comfortable with Dutch, and I got my first package! Thank you family! Getting mail always makes my day a lot better.

Sunday
So Sunday was our first fast Sunday and it was long. It was really good too, but yeah it was long. In the morning we had mission conference which was like a little devotional with the MTC presidency and their wives. I really liked a lot of their talks. Then we had church and during sacrament meeting all of the Danes and Icelanders had the opportunity to bear their testimonies because they will be heading out this next week. It's kind of weird because they're all really cool guys and it's fun having them around. But I guess we're getting four more Danes the Wednesday after they leave.
So after church we had the temple walk. Some girls that I guess were at BYU came and said hi to their friends so that was kind of odd. I just feel like it's kind of distracting for the missionaries. After that we got to eat though so that was such a relief.
That night we had a devotional and the speakers were the new president of BYU Hawaii and his wife. It was pretty good.
Oh and also we heard that all twelve of the apostles are going to be here the last week we are at the MTC! It's going to be sooo cool. I am so excited for that.

Monday
Monday was another hard day. I was feeling kind of sad for no reason and then Elder O and I had a lesson with our "investigator" and it was really bad. Very rough. I got through the day though!

Tuesday
Tuesday marked me being in the MTC for two weeks! It's so so weird. I can't decide if my time here has felt like it's moving fast or slow. It was a really good day though. Elder Ocampo and I had a really good lesson with a different "investigator" (although I don't think we asked near enough questions) so that just started the day off well. After that we had class/lunch/class and both classes went super well. I learned a ton with the language and with the gospel. 
I got a letter from Mom so that was awesome. It was really good to just hear how things are going on at home so I don't feel so left out.
We had a devotional last night and that was cool. The General Relief Society President, Sister Burton, spoke along with her husband.

Wednesday
It's finally p-day! Such a good day. We played soccer this morning and later today we're going to go to the temple again so I'm really excited for that. Also, over 600 new missionaries are coming in today! It's insane! I mean of course some left this morning but yeah it's pretty crazy. We're at 900 right now and it's supposed to be up to 2200 by the time we leave (which is July 6).


Spiritual Thought: 
This week my best spiritual experience was actually Sunday morning when I was doing my personal study. I was reading 2 Nephi 29-33. Before I read, I prayed that I could understand the doctrine, what Mormon is trying to tell me, and how I can apply the content to my life and to the lives of the investigators who I will meet. These five chapters were perfect and they definitely helped to answer my prayers. Chapter 29 talked about how to respond to people who reject the Book of Mormon because they have the Bible already. Verse 7 says,"Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?" There are so many amazing things about this verse. I cannot believe I haven't given it enough thought before. It makes so much sense! Why should people think that God would only give His word to one people in a very small part of the world? That is very selfish to think. The chapter goes on and talks about how the words of two nations brought together can create an even stronger testimony of God's love for us. Verses 10 and 11 are also very important. "Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written (10)... For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them (11)." These verses are crazy! Why should people think that the Bible contains all that God wants us to know? And, why should they think that He wouldn't speak or reveal knowledge to people all around the world? God loves all of His children, and always has. It is amazing to think that there could be writings from ancient prophets in Scandinavia, Asia, Australia, Africa, Polynesia, or wherever! It's so cool. 

So chapter 33 is kind of like Nephi's last hurrah before he dies. The most important verse for me is verse 6, "I glory in plainess; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell." I love this church. I am so thankful for all that it has given me and my family. I am so thankful for the opportunity I have to devote my life to God and His gospel and His children for two years. I really am trying my hardest to be like Jesus in all that I do and I try my best to be the best example I can be for all of you. I love you all and you are all in my prayers. I know that through Jesus Christ we can all find happiness and I know that God still does work miracles today.

Tot ziens!

Elder Wright