Dear family and friends,

D&C 19:23- "Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me."


Happy Halloween. Haha we knocked on a few doors on Saturday and brought people the best trick/treat they could ask for. The restored gospel of Jesus Christ. No actually the Dutch people don't really celebrate Halloween. We had the opportunity to carve pumpkins with Summer and her family. Summer is from America so she knows what's up. We saw a few people dressed up and a few kids yelled "pompoen" at us when they saw us heading to Summer's with a bunch of pumpkins. It was a lot of fun though. Elder Wilson may have won pumpkin of the year. He carved an Elder Wright pumpkin. It was pretty accurate, not going to lie.

I was on exchanges two times this week, and for both I was out of Rotterdam. It was good to come back, but I got to be in Spijkenisse  and Schiedam for the first time so that was cool. Both areas are pretty cool. They have a lot less of the big city feel. When I was in Spijk I saw a Bernese Mountain Dog and got to say hi to him. I mean he wasn't Kenai, but he was pretty great. When I was in Schiedam we got to eat with a member. Her son, Ruben, just got his call to the Lyon France/Switzerland Mission. He's super excited. That's going to be a sick mission.

I was reading in Nephi during personal study this week, about Lehi's dream (Lehi was a prophet, the father of Nephi). In his dream he sees a tree, and a straight and narrow path leading up to it with an iron rod. Anyway, in his dream, Lehi gets to the tree and partakes of the fruit. He then looks and sees his family a little way off, and beckons to them. In verse 15 it says, "And it came to pass that I beckoned unto them and I also did say unto them with a loud voice that they should come unto me, and partake of the fruit, which was desirable above all other fruit." I think it's really cool that Lehi first helps his family members come closer to Christ, and closer to living with God. After them, he looks around and sees the others who need help. I think that it is important that we first do our best to strengthen our families, and then proceed to help others come unto Christ. Families are our foundation. As missionaries we can do our best to first strengthen our companions, and our relationship with them, along with other missionaries with whom we work. I mean, to those who aren't familiar with the Book of Mormon, or Lehi and his family and their story, this all probably sounds pretty strange. So, if you have any questions, let me know. Or go here and get a free Book of Mormon - https://www.mormon.org/free-book-of-mormon

Love you all and everybody have a great week!

Elder Wright

 Elder Wright and Pumpkin Elder Wright (all credit to Elder Wilson)
 Elder Morrell and his pumpkins
Halloween at the Ng's