Hoi mensen!

Scripture of the Week
Alma 38:4-5 - "...and thou didst bear all these things with patience because the Lord was with thee; and now thou knowest that the Lord did deliver thee. And now my son, Shiblon, I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day."

So this week was pretty darn good, and it went by super fast (every week seems to be going by fast now). It was hot, but bearable. Today I got to go on a hike in the beautiful hills of Nevada (grapig) but it felt so good to get out of the city and run somewhere else than on a treadmill and wake up at 4:30 in the morning... It was hot though. After that we got groceries, haircuts, and now we're e-mailing. I stopped by the mission office to pick up mail and Sister England (one of the senior couple office missionaries) said there was no news for my visa yet. She said the last missionary bound for the Netherlands, who came to Vegas without his visa, didn't get his cleared until the last week he was here. So, as far as I am concerned, I'm still going to the Netherlands next transfer (knock on wood)!

I cleaned the apartment this week. It looked so much better and I felt like such a mom afterwards. I'm not mom. I'm a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I share the restored gospel to wonderful people around the world, including Jack, Liliana, Nathan, Samantha, and Rex. Rex is awesome. He is an old Philipino guy and one day he called us over while we were walking past his apartment. He let us come back and teach him the first lesson and we're in the process of getting him a Tagolog Book of Mormon. 

Unfortunately, we lost some investigators this week. Demara, DeMario, Zeph, and Amiyah. It was pretty sad but awesome because they're members now! Demara and her family were all baptized on Saturday and it was crazy. I got to say the closing prayers and then afterwards we went to the Mohler's house and had a barbecue and I taught Zach (the 4-year-old son of Demara) how to swing. Actually he didn't really get it so he just had me push him and he loved it.

The members in the Silverado and Sunset wards continued to be amazing this week. We visited the Bondocs earlier this week. Their golden retriever, Cosmo, got hair all over my pant legs. It was awesome. I was going to take a picture with him and send it to Ben but I forgot my camera. We also visited the Cross family. They also have a dog, a year-old pitbull named Achilles, and two ball pythons. Their son is coming home from his mission in Argentina in two weeks and it is super cool to see how excited Sister Cross is. She said she was fine for the first 23 months but this last month has been unbearable. It will be funny to see how crazy Sister Wright (or Mom) gets.

That's basically it though. It was a good week and I'm anticipating this next week to be pretty great too. All of you have great weeks and remember that Jesus is our Savior and that God does love us. This gospel is amazing and I love sharing it with the world.


Tot Ziens
- Elder Wright

 Elder Wright and his companion with Demare and her family! Baptism day 
 Swinging with Zach 
 Hiking 
 Pictures from Sister Robinson: Matt got to do training at Zone Conference this week. Sister Robinson called this his "power stance." 
Thanks for the pictures Sister Robinson!