Alma 17:13 -> "And it came to pass when they had arrived in the borders of the land of the Lamanites, that they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest: for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken."

Dear family and friends,

This week was good. It was kind of slow with the missionary work unfortunately, Frida got very sick and the three students we met last week were busy with homework, but we did make return appointments for this coming week. We were able to meet this really cool young woman from Kosovo named Florie. We knocked on her door and showed her the Dankzij Hem video. Afterwards she had teared up and told us about how her younger brother passed away two months ago. She had just gotten back from the funeral in Kosovo. I cant even imagine how she is feeling but Elder Sosa and I testified of eternal families and what is possible through Jesus Christ. We talked with her for a little bit and she said invited us back another time and share the Plan of Salvation with her. It was really cool.

We also talked to this one guy on the street named Fred, I think that's what he was named. Anyway he was bashing the bible a lot and giving us all of the reasons why it couldn't be true and it was a lot of interesting reasons. We agreed with him that the Bible has been changed a lot over the years and so some truths have been taken out of it. We then showed him the Book of Mormon, whcih supports and clarifies the gospel taught in the Bible, and he said something like "if you believe that you'll believe anything".. okay... but we moved on from that and showed him the invitation inside the Book of Mormon for all people to read it and then to ask God to know if it is true, both of us testifying of the power of taking action in such a way. All of the sudden his demeanor and attitude changed and he had us show him where he could read it online and he said that he would read it. It was really interesting. His heart was softened and although we didn't get any of his information, he accepted the invitation to read and pray and said he would call us to learn more. We'll see what happens. I know that the Book of Mormon can soften and change hearts, as it has done with Fred, me, and many others. It is true. I have learned a lot on my mission that debating and trying to prove things to people doesn't work. Instead respecting the free agency of others and simply testifying of truths and inviting them to find those truths for themselves really opens them up or at least leaves a positive impression. I love when I am able to make someone smile or leave them happy even if they declined the invitation to learn more.


Monday we went to Efteling. It was crazy and definitely the best P-day of my mission so far. Efteling is a Dutch theme park, around 40/50ish years old. It is kind of comparable to Disneyland except more of a old story book fairy tale feel. All of the little stories were really cool, and it was fun to hear them all in Dutch. I was impressed. The Zoetermeer ward mission leader tagged along with the Zoetermeer sisters and he knew the park pretty well and was able to show us the best rides and attractions. It was a very good day for pictures as well.

Elder Sosa and I in front of the Sprookjes Boom

On Wednesday we were able to travel up to Zoetermeer and go to the temple. It was a special experience, especially because I was able to bring one of my own family names to do the work for (thank you Mom and Stef for helping me get that). The temple is a different experience when you perform the ordinances for one of your own ancestors. Afterwards we had a conference at the Zoetermeer church building close by. I had to say goodbye to Sister Stewart-Chester and Elder Wilson which was lame. A few days from now they will just be Tate and Truman. Super weird. I was in the MTC with and was able to serve around Zuster SC and Truman was my trainer and is my very good friend. They're two of the greatest missionaries and best examples that this mission has ever known, and now they're going home. Super not cool. It's good though, ill see then again. As long as they're not both married by the time I get home...

Transfer calls was on Saturday night... and unfortunately I will be leaving TIlburg and Elder Sosa after only one transfer. I'll miss it here but some new adventures are waiting for me up in Almere. I'll be companions with Elder Enger. He's on his third transfer so that'll be nice having some young blood to keep things interesting. It'll be fun too because instead of two missionaries in our apartment, there will be four #A4M. Elder Gemmel and Elder van Fleet will also be in Almere. I've heard only good things about the city, the ward, and my new companion so I'm looking forward to my time up north. I'll be sure to send some nice pics next week.

Love you all and everybody have a great week!

Tot Almere...

Love,
Elder Wright